Monday, November 16, 2009

Diefenbaker, top of the pops.



Diefenbaker, top of the pops.
Diefenbaker, top of the pops.

Honestly, I'm not sure if I can even write a long blog post about this. I'm still speechless. We were there. I looked back at Jeff and yelled in his ear: "Did he just say that or am I hallucinating?" Admittedly I was rather drunk (which honestly I still regret, it's nice when meeting people to be able to form sentences) so mishearing was certainly an option. No, totally confirmed (right at the 1:20 mark of the above video, from Art Brut's November 14th show at the Ottobar in Baltimore). Eddie Argos is now 300% qualified to be the name origin of my cat.

I met him later. I do credit the alcohol with summoning up the nerve to say hello. It was very nice meeting him! I seem to remember talking about comics. Also he told us to record more demos, which believe me, we will. Diefenbaker will be top of the pops. I also remember shaking his hand with the wrong hand because the good hand had a ciggarette in it and I couldn't figure out how to switch hands. I remember nervously adjusting my belt. It was a wonderful night.

Diefenbaker TO DOS:
Record more demos with me in them (because I'm awesome, sorry Jeff, but your solo demos aren't really Diefenbaker demos.)

Work on a three-song set that we can do with our eyes closed. We should hit up some open mic nights, there is a long standing one at Fraizer's down the street. We can walk to it, no excuses.

I did some website coding/graphic design work a month ago, still haven't been paid. Once received, I will purchase an Alesis Micron. Then perhaps I will find a way to put a guitar strap on it. Oh yes. May have to burn down a house or two before I get paid.

And that's what's doing with Diefenbaker!

No comments:

Post a Comment