Wednesday, September 23, 2009

SUPPLEMENTAL: Casiotone MT-68


As Johnny Diefenbaker stated, the source of awesome was a Casio keyboard. He failed to mention that it was one of my many loves, the Casiotone MT-68. Oh Casiotone, how I love you. Upon being pretty dissatisfied with the drum beat he chose for "It's Not As Easy for Everyone", I lept from my seat and grabbed the Casiotone and hooked it up to the bass amp. The beats, they were a-bumpin'.

Any donations of exceedingly crappy keyboards are strongly encouraged. Although, I wouldn't really call the MT-68 crappy. You should hear the pipe organ sound. I bet if I combined it with an amp and a distortion pedal it would sound amazing.

2 comments:

  1. To be fair, the rhythm track I was dissatisfied with was also from a Casio product... rhythm 27, AKA "Trance", on the Casio CTK-601 keyboard leaves much to be desired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For unknown reason(s), I dug out my MT-68 & gave it a much needed cleaning. I forgot how much I loved that thing back in the 80's. I'm bringing it (back) to the studio. It has a lot more functionality than I ever gave it credit for.

    ReplyDelete